The Ranch is truly incomparable. Your “room” is really a freestanding villa of luxurious style, proportion (many exceed 1,000 square feet) and privacy. It’s your personal refuge for the week. We have 86 garden casitas in seven different sizes/rate categories.
• Ranchera Solos are decorated with Mexican folk art, handmade furniture and tile, and colorful weavings. Most have open-beam ceilings and ceiling fans. Bathrooms have tubs and sinks surrounded by beautiful hand-painted tile. The gardens feature your own private patio. Communal amenities in some Ranchera clusters include a lounge, hot tub and garden gazebo. Ranchera Solos are roomy studios with one bed. They are comfortable for one guest and are built in clusters in central areas closest to the Dining Hall and gyms.
• Rancheras are decorated with Mexican folk art, handmade furniture and tile, and colorful weavings. Most have open-beam ceilings and ceiling fans. Bathrooms have tubs and sinks surrounded by beautiful hand-painted tile. The gardens around Rancheras feature your own private patio. Communal amenities in some Ranchera clusters include a lounge, hot tub, and garden gazebo. A few Rancheras have fireplaces. All have mini-refrigerators and coffee pot. Rancheras are roomy studios with all the amenities of the Ranchera Solos but with two double beds (although a few feature kings). They are comfortable for one or two guests and are built in clusters in central areas closest to the Dining Hall and gyms.
• Haciendas are larger than Rancheras and feature a bedroom area, sitting area and bathroom. All Haciendas have a fireplace. Many are close to the gyms and dining room. With their central locations and romantic charm, Haciendas are perfect retreats for avid readers and any guest who enjoys having a small sitting area for relaxing indoors. Some are in hillside locations with fine views of Mount Kuchumaa or other areas of the Ranch. Many are near or include mature gardens, vine-covered trellises and bubbling fountains.
• Junior Villas are on a gently rounded knoll near the Villa Pool where breakfast is served outdoors during summer, or can be requested to be brought to your room in winter. From the front door you step inside to a large sitting area with a fireplace and an alcove containing a wet bar, mini-refrigerator and coffee pot. Beds are in a separate alcove usually defined by an arch. Most Junior Villas have two double beds and a few have king size beds, all can accommodate one or two guests. Junior Villas are known for their large, private patios, often with great views of Mount Kuchumaa or oak groves and flower-strewn meadows.
• Villa Studios are the largest “studio” units at the Ranch, many accommodating up to three people. You enter a large living area with couch and chairs for sitting near the fireplace. A writing desk is by the window. High cathedral ceilings of wooden beams arch overhead, and walls of locally hand-crafted brick rise from floors of terra-cotta “Tecate tile.” Villa Studios are within easy walking distance of the Villa Pool, where it’s convenient to have breakfast in summer. (You can order breakfast delivered to your room in winter.)
• Two-Bedroom Villas feature two separate bedrooms and two bathrooms, as well as a living room, wet bar, dining area and fireplace. These are our most spacious villas, and are truly comparable to a small vacation home. They comfortably welcome up to four people. Bed arrangements can be somewhat customized to suit your needs; please inquire when you make a reservation. All are in the Sol area near the Villa Pool and hot tub, ringing the top of a gentle hill. On summer mornings, breakfast is served on the pool patio. In winter, breakfast can be delivered to your room on request.
• Villas Cielo offer their guests very private sanctuaries graced with natural beauty, magnificent art, and amenities that inspire healthy living. These secluded refuges house up to two guests each, and are unique in their décor featuring custom hand-crafted furniture, enchanting collections of museum-quality art, and relaxing color palettes. Designed to be highly customizable, each Villa features an open master bedroom overlooking a den that can also transform into a residential gym, home office, or bedroom. Each casita has a desk, wood-burning fireplace, and a panoramic window that allow the beauty of nature to flow into the living space. Glass doors open onto a sensual oasis of picturesque gardens, mountain views, outdoor showers, fountains, warm salt water dipping pools, day-beds, and hammocks. At 2,200 square feet of combined indoor and outdoor space, a Villa Cielo is a haven of tranquility, intimacy, and sensuality.