By Charles L. Crow
- Revised and increased to include feedback from twelve years of use in lots of countries
- An vital textual content for college kids of the increasing box of Gothic studies
- Strong illustration of lady Gothic, desolate tract Gothic, the Gothic of race, and the legacy of Salem witchcraft
- Edited via a founding member of the overseas Gothic Association
Read or Download American Gothic: An Anthology from Salem Witchcraft to H. P. Lovecraft (Blackwell Anthologies) PDF
Similar literary gothic & romantic criticism books
`I sing of knights and girls, of affection and hands, of courtly chivalry, of brave deeds. ' So starts off Ariosto's Orlando Furioso (1532), the fruits of the chivalric legends of Charlemagne and the Saracen invasion of France. it's a brilliantly witty parody of the medieval romances, and a becoming monument to the court docket society of the Italian Renaissance which gave them start.
Jon Mee explores the preferred democratic circulate that emerged within the London of the 1790s in accordance with the French Revolution. principal to the movement's success used to be the production of an idea of 'the humans' introduced into being via print and exposure. Radical golf equipment rose and fell within the face of the opposed attentions of presidency.
First released in 1981. A Concordance to the Poems of John Keats meant to supply the person with a quantity appropriate to the various and more and more specialized pursuits of scholarship. This identify bargains a excessive measure of inclusiveness that attends to the poems and performs, the emended and authoritative headings, and almost the entire version readings thought of substantial within the riches of the Keats manuscript fabrics.
First released in 1970, this paintings offers an summary of the Romance from the medieval interval to the 20 th century and tracks how the style has replaced with time, together with its interplay with other kinds of literature resembling gothic novels, realism and technology fiction. It explores a myriad of writers together with Chaucer, Sidney, Tennyson, Shelley, Meredith and Keats and analyses key texts comparable to Don Quixote by way of Cervantes and Kubla Khan by means of Coleridge.
- Idleness, Contemplation and the Aesthetic, 1750–1830 (Cambridge Studies in Romanticism)
- The Romantics Reviewed: Contemporary Reviews of British Romantic Writers. Part B: Byron and Regency Society poets - Volume IV: Volume 6 (Routledge Revivals: The Romantics Reviewed)
- Jane Austen, Young Author
- Constructions of Childhood and Youth in Old French Narrative
Extra info for American Gothic: An Anthology from Salem Witchcraft to H. P. Lovecraft (Blackwell Anthologies)
American Gothic: An Anthology from Salem Witchcraft to H. P. Lovecraft (Blackwell Anthologies) by Charles L. Crow