By Janice Boddy,Michael Lambek
- Presents a suite of unique, ethnographically-informed essays exploring the big variety of ideals, practices, and spiritual stories within the modern world
- Explores a huge variety of subject matters together with the ‘perspectivism’ debate, the increase of non secular nationalism, reflections on faith and new media, faith and politics, and ideas of self and gender with regards to spiritual belief
- Includes examples drawn from diverse non secular traditions and from numerous areas of the world
- Features newly-commissioned articles reflecting the main up to date learn and demanding pondering within the box, written via a world crew of top scholars
- Adds immeasurably to our knowing of the advanced relationships among faith, tradition, society, and the person in today’s world
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Anthropology of Religion (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Best anthropology books
The research of social and public coverage perform has develop into more and more theoretical in recent times. This quantity attracts jointly skilled practitioners and lecturers in social paintings, probation and counselling, in addition to from other kinds of criminal and social perform, to raised comprehend the connection among idea, coverage and perform.
Museums: a visible Anthropology presents a transparent and concise precis of the foremost principles, debates and texts of an important ways to the examine of museums from world wide. The booklet examines how you can tackle the social relatives of museums, embedded of their websites, collections, and exhibitions, as a vital part of the visible and fabric tradition they include.
Politicians, students, and pundits frequently disagree approximately even if race has been injected right into a political crusade or coverage debate. a few have suspected that race occasionally enters into politics even if political elites stay away from utilizing racial cues or racially coded language. Anger and Racial Politics offers a theoretical framework for knowing the emotional stipulations less than which this impact may possibly ensue.
Roberto E. Barrios presents an ethnographic research of the aftermaths of 4 common failures: southern Honduras after storm Mitch; New Orleans following storm Katrina; Chiapas, Mexico, after the Grijalva River landslide; and southern Illinois following the Mississippi River flood. concentrating on the position of impact, Barrios examines the ways that those who pass though failures use feelings as a method of assessing the relevance of governmentally sanctioned restoration plans, judging the effectiveness of such programs, and reflecting on the danger of dwelling in components which were deemed susceptible to catastrophe.
- Building The World Of Tomorrow
- Women in Islamic Societies: Volume 4 (Routledge Library Editions: Women in Islamic Societies)
- Confronting Suburban School Resegregation in California (Contemporary Ethnography)
- Le Risque Technologique Majeur: Politique, Risque et Processus de Développement (Collection Futuribles)
Additional info for A Companion to the Anthropology of Religion (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
A Companion to the Anthropology of Religion (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) by Janice Boddy,Michael Lambek