By D. Douglas Caulkins,Ann T. Jordan
- Offers the 1st complete connection with the anthropological examine of advanced organizations
- Details how organizational conception and study in enterprise has followed anthropology’s key inspiration of tradition, inspiring new insights into organizational dynamics and development
- Highlights pioneering theoretical views starting from symbolic and semiotic ways to neuroscientific frameworks for learning modern organizations
- Addresses the comparative and cross-cultural dimensions of firm organizations and of non-governmental agencies operating within the globalizing economy
- Topics lined comprise organizational dynamics, entrepreneurship, innovation, social networks, cognitive versions and workforce development, organizational dysfunctions, international networked agencies, NGOs, unions, digital groups, company tradition and social responsibility
- Presents a physique of labor that displays the breadth and intensity of the sector of organizational anthropology and makes the case for the significance of the sphere within the anthropology of the twenty-first century
Read Online or Download A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Similar anthropology books
The research of social and public coverage perform has develop into more and more theoretical in recent times. This quantity attracts jointly skilled practitioners and lecturers in social paintings, probation and counselling, in addition to from different kinds of felony and social perform, to raised comprehend the connection among conception, coverage and perform.
Museums: a visible Anthropology offers a transparent and concise precis of the foremost rules, debates and texts of an important methods to the research of museums from world wide. The booklet examines how you can tackle the social family members of museums, embedded of their websites, collections, and exhibitions, as an essential component of the visible and fabric tradition they contain.
Politicians, students, and pundits usually disagree approximately no matter if race has been injected right into a political crusade or coverage debate. a few have suspected that race occasionally enters into politics even if political elites stay away from utilizing racial cues or racially coded language. Anger and Racial Politics presents a theoretical framework for realizing the emotional stipulations lower than which this impression could take place.
Roberto E. Barrios presents an ethnographic research of the aftermaths of 4 average mess ups: southern Honduras after typhoon Mitch; New Orleans following typhoon Katrina; Chiapas, Mexico, after the Grijalva River landslide; and southern Illinois following the Mississippi River flood. concentrating on the position of impact, Barrios examines the ways that those who pass though mess ups use feelings as a method of assessing the relevance of governmentally sanctioned restoration plans, judging the effectiveness of such programs, and reflecting on the chance of residing in parts which have been deemed liable to catastrophe.
- The Politics of Ethnicity in Pakistan: The Baloch, Sindhi and Mohajir Ethnic Movements (Routledge Contemporary South Asia Series)
- The Sociology of Development Handbook
- Civil Society
- The Pastoral Continuum: The Marginalization of Tradition in East Africa (Oxford Studies in Social and Cultural Anthropology)
Additional info for A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) by D. Douglas Caulkins,Ann T. Jordan