By Marc J. Selverstone
A better half to John F. Kennedy offers a accomplished choice of historiographical essays addressing the lifestyles and management of the nation’s thirty fifth president.
- Features unique contributions from prime Kennedy scholars
- Reassesses Kennedy, his management, and the period of the hot Frontier
- Reconsiders correct Kennedy scholarship and issues to new avenues of research
- Considers the main crises confronted by way of Kennedy, in addition to family concerns together with women’s matters and civil rights
Read or Download A Companion to John F. Kennedy (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best world history books
John Hobson demanding situations the ethnocentric bias of mainstream money owed of the increase of the West. it's always assumed that due to the fact historical Greek instances Europeans have pioneered their very own improvement, and that the East has been a passive by-stander within the tale of revolutionary global heritage. Hobson argues that there have been strategies that enabled the increase of the 'Oriental West'.
This ebook explores the communicative practices of the Italian radical crew pink Brigades (Brigate Rosse, or BR), the connection the gang verified with the Italian press, and the categorical social historic context during which the BR built either its personal self-understanding and its advanced dialectical reference to the society at huge.
Figures in a Famine panorama is a ground-breaking examine that follows a few contributors considering various public capacities in a very troubled district of eire throughout the nice Famine. The considering and activities of every had a huge impression at the existences - and the survival - of ratings of millions of the destitute negative in eire at a very important aspect within the country's heritage.
This can be a new print-on-demand hardback variation of the quantity first released in 1925.
- Calvinism, Reform and the Absolutist State in Elizabethan Ireland (Religious Cultures in the Early Modern World)
- Britain, the Empire, and the World at the Great Exhibition of 1851
- The Irish Revolution in Sligo, 1912-23 (The Irish Revolution, 1912-23)
- Writing 20th Century International History: Explorations and Examples (Jena Center Geschichte des 20. Jahrhunderts)
- Women, Equality, and the French Revolution (Contributions in Women's Studies)
- In Search of Ireland's Heroes: The Story of the Irish from the English Invasion to the Present Day
Additional info for A Companion to John F. Kennedy (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to John F. Kennedy (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Marc J. Selverstone